Hearty hominy kernels fill out this summery salad, which makes a delicious lunch or light dinner when served on a bed of greens.
- 1/2-cup servingServings
- 1 small shallot, minced (2 Tbs.)
- 2 Tbs. white wine or champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 15-oz. can white hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups frozen lima beans, thawed
- 1 cup halved grape or teardrop tomatoes
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, diced (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup crumbled fresh goat cheese or shaved Asiago cheese
1. Whisk together shallot and vinegar in small bowl. Whisk in oil until emulsified, then whisk in basil. Add white pepper and salt, if desired.
2. Toss together hominy, lima beans, tomatoes, and bell pepper in serving bowl. Drizzle with dressing, and toss again to coat. Sprinkle with cheese, and serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 200
- Carbohydrate Content: 18 g
- Cholesterol Content: 5 mg
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 254 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g