For an instant pizza-topping base, head to your favorite salad bar or Italian deli and bring home a portion of the antipasto salad mix—it generally contains pepperoncini, cauliflower, olives, and red or green bell pepper.
- 2 8-inch pizza shells
- Garlic powder to taste
- 1/2 cup Italian antipasto salad mix (giardiniera)
- 1 medium-sized yellow summer squash, cubed
- 1 cup cooked garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups grated part-skim mozzarella
- 4 Tbs. Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbs. Italian dried herb seasoning mix
- Preheat oven to 500F.
- Spray pizza shells with cooking spray, and sprinkle with garlic powder. Heat in oven about 1 minute, or until softened. Remove from oven, and reduce temperature to 450F.
- Combine salad mix, summer squash, garbanzo beans, cheeses and Italian herb seasoning in mixing bowl, and toss to combine. Top each pizza shell with half of mixture.
- Heat until cheeses melt and turn golden, about 5 minutes. Serve hot.
- Serving Size: SERVES 4
- Calories: 480
- Carbohydrate Content: 49 g
- Cholesterol Content: 35 mg
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 27 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9 g
- Sodium Content: 560 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g