This ice cream dessert is a happy combination of some of the most popular flavors: chocolate, vanilla and raspberry. But don’t stop here, any of your favorite ice creams can be used.
- 12 unfilled ladyfingers
- 1 pint raspberry sherbet, slightly softened
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream or vanilla frozen yogurt, slightly softened
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream or chocolate frozen yogurt, slightly softened
- 2 cups nondairy whipped topping or 1 cup heavy cream, whipped stiff with 1 Tbs. sugar
- Melted semisweet chocolate or chocolate ice cream sauce for drizzling
- Tear off two 20-inch lengths of aluminum foil. Place on top of each other and fold over sides to make 9-inch-wide strip. Fit into 9 x 5-inch loaf pan, letting ends extend above long sides of pan to cover top when filled.
- Split ladyfingers apart and separate tops from bottoms.
- Spoon raspberry sherbet into foil-lined loaf pan. With back of spoon, press into even layer.
- Arrange 12 ladyfinger halves over sherbet (make 4 rows with 3 ladyfingers each). Top with even layer of vanilla ice cream. Repeat layers with remaining ladyfingers and chocolate ice cream.
- Fold foil tightly over top of loaf. Freeze at least 5 hours or overnight.
- To serve, fold back foil. Loosen ends from pan with thin knife. Holding foil, carefully lift loaf from pan and invert onto serving dish.
- Just before serving, spread whipped cream over top and drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Serving Size: 12 Servings
- Calories: 233
- Carbohydrate Content: 33 g
- Cholesterol Content: 59 mg
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Sodium Content: 69 mg