This recipe combines the luxury of real whipped cream with the healthfulness of low-fat yogurt. It’s great with fresh berries and keeps well in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
See also Vegan Maple Pecan Pie
- 1 cup low-fat or nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp. orange liqueur or orange juice
- Line sieve or colander with cheesecloth or coffee filters and set over medium bowl, leaving at least 1/2 inch of clearance from bottom. Spoon in yogurt, cover and let drain in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or up to 2 hours. Discard liquid.
- Whip cream in chilled small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold in drained yogurt and orange liqueur or orange juice. Serve immediately, or store chilled.
- Serving Size: Makes about 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 21
- Carbohydrate Content: 2 g
- Cholesterol Content: 5 mg
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 8 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g