The bold flavors of fresh mango, lime juice and ginger meld into a refreshing cold soup that’s equally delicious as a fruity first course—or an unusual dessert.
- 3 mangoes, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 2 cups mango nectar
- 1 1/2 cups light coconut milk
- Juice of 2 limes, or more to taste
- 3 Tbs. minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, or more to taste
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup puffed rice cereal for garnish
- 1/4 cup julienned fresh mint leaves for garnish
- 1/2 cup dried tropical fruit mix for garnish, optional
- Put mangoes, mango nectar and 1/2 cup coconut milk into food processor or blender, and purée until semismooth. Add remaining 1 cup coconut milk, lime juice, ginger, brown sugar and salt, and process again. Chill at least 1 hour.
- To serve, pour into individual bowls, and garnish with puffed rice, mint leaves and tropical fruit mix, if using.
- Serving Size: SERVES 6
- Calories: 170
- Carbohydrate Content: 32 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 60 mg
- Sugar Content: 23 g