If you can’t find ripe mangoes, substitute thawed frozen mango chunks.
- Mango-Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 3 Tbs. mirin (rice wine)
- 2 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. sake
- 1 Tbs. sugar
- 1 1/4 cups brown jasmine rice
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 14-oz. pkg. firm tofu, drained and cut into 12 slices
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions, divided
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- To make Mango-Teriyaki Sauce: Purée mango and ginger in food processor until smooth. Strain 1/2 cup purée into saucepan; reserve remaining purée for another use. Whisk in mirin, soy sauce, sake, sugar, and 2 Tbs. water. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Combine rice, salt, and 2 cups water in saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 25 minutes. Let stand, covered, 15 minutes.
- Coat tofu slices with Mango-Teriyaki Sauce. Heat grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray. Grill tofu 3 minutes. Flip, and brush with more Mango-Teriyaki Sauce. Grill 2 minutes more.
- Stir 1/3 cup green onions, sesame seeds, and sesame oil into rice. Mound rice onto plates. Arrange tofu atop rice. Drizzle with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining green onions, and serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 338
- Carbohydrate Content: 53 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Sodium Content: 891 mg
- Sugar Content: 13 g