30 minutes or fewer
Much like its Mediterranean counterpart, this Mexican-inspired bean mixture works well as a dip for tortilla chips and fresh vegetables, but it’s also a tasty spread on tortillas or whole grain bread. It’s so good, however, you may just want to eat it with a spoon.
- 1 15.5-oz. can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 Tbs. lime juice
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced (about 1 tsp.)
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- Put beans, salsa, lime juice, oil, garlic and cumin in food processor or blender, and purée until smooth.
- Spoon mixture into bowl, and stir in pumpkin seeds and cilantro. Use immediately, or cover and refrigerate.
- Serving Size: Serves 4 (makes about 1 1/2 cups)
- Calories: 267
- Carbohydrate Content: 11 g
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 336 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g