Summer meals are filled with these three main ingredients. This salad is especially
refreshing because the mint gives the salad a clean taste. Don’t bother peeling the cucumbers unless they are waxed.
- 4 large cucumbers
- 1 large Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 3 large vine-ripened tomatoes, preferably heirloom varieties
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup champagne vinegar or white vinegar
- 4 Tbs. granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 heaping Tbs. freshly torn mint leaves
- Slice cucumbers into 1/3-inch-thick rounds, and put slices into a mixing bowl. Slice onion into 1/3-inch-thick wedges, and add to cucumbers. Core and slice tomatoes into 1/2-inch-thick wedges, and add to other vegetables.
- Season generously with salt and pepper. Dissolve sugar in vinegar in a bowl, and add salt and olive oil. Whisk to combine, and pour over vegetables. Toss in mint, check seasonings and serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 140
- Carbohydrate Content: 28 g
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 10 mg
- Sugar Content: 23 g