This is delicious with a scoop of frozen yogurt or nondairy frozen dessert.
- 5 cups mixed fresh raspberries and blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup plus 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup plus 1 Tbs. unbleached flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 Tbs. butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, combine berries, 1⁄2 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon flour. Toss gently to coat evenly. Place berry mixture in 8-inch square baking dish and set aside.
2. In medium bowl, combine remaining 1 cup flour, remaining 2⁄3 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. Using fork, mix well. Make well in center of flour mixture, add egg and stir just until flour is moistened. When egg is absorbed, use your fingers to blend. Mixture will look like moist sand.
3. Sprinkle flour mixture evenly over berries. Drizzle melted butter over top. Bake until top is lightly browned and filling is bubbly, about 40 minutes. Transfer to wire rack and cool slightly. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Serving Size: 6 to 8 Servings
- Calories: 284
- Carbohydrate Content: 57 g
- Cholesterol Content: 51 mg
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 251 mg