30 MINUTES OR LESS
This very simple, colorful slaw comes together quickly, providing the basis for a hot-weather lunch. Complement the slaw with toasted cheese squares followed by a rich custard for dessert. Hot or iced jasmine tea completes the menu. Select a glass serving bowl to show off the contrasting colors of the slaw.
- 1/2 head napa cabbage (about 1 lb.), rinsed, cored and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cubed
- 2 cups (about 5 oz.) shredded carrots
- 8 oz. teriyaki-seasoned baked tofu
- 1/2 cup soy mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs. tamari soy sauce
- 1/8 cup sugar, or to taste
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- Place cabbage slices in large serving bowl, cutting very long shreds in half for easier eating. Add red bell pepper and shredded carrots to bowl. Drain any package juices from baked tofu, and reserve in separate bowl to add to dressing. Cube tofu, and place pieces in bowl.
- Stir together soy mayonnaise, soy sauce, sugar and sesame oil with tofu juices. Drizzle over salad, and toss to mix well before serving.
- Serving Size: SERVES 4
- Calories: 290
- Carbohydrate Content: 22 g
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 960 mg
- Sugar Content: 12 g