This frozen treat inspires thoughts of sun-drenched tropical beaches. Toasting the coconut shreds intensifies the coconut flavor and turns them golden brown for an attractive garnish.
- 1 cup coconut shreds, toasted, for garnish
- 10-oz. container frozen piña colada mix
- 1 cup crushed canned pineapple, drained
- 14-oz. can coconut milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- To toast coconut shreds, spread shreds in ungreased skillet and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring often to prevent burning, or until shreds begin to brown. Set aside.
- Combine piña colada mix, drained pineapple, coconut milk, vanilla extract and sugar in large mixing bowl, and stir to combine well. Pour mixture into ice cream freezer container and churn according to manufacturer’s directions.
- When firm, scoop mixture into container, cover and freeze for 30 minutes, if needed to firm. To serve, garnish each portion generously with toasted coconut.
- Serving Size: MAKES ABOUT 1 ½ QUARTS
- Calories: 160
- Carbohydrate Content: 19 g
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9 g
- Sodium Content: 10 mg