I’ve made these for my sons for years—like most kids, they love that tomato sauce-mozzarella synergy. But recently I’ve started sneaking in extra veggies. The kids still love these “pizzas.” Use leftover sauce on pasta the next day.
- 4 medium-large baking potatoes
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 medium-sized carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 16-oz. jar natural pizza sauce
- 1 cup grated mozzarella or mozzarella-style nondairy cheese
- Dried oregano, optional
- Bake potatoes in microwave.
- Steam vegetables in one saucepan until just tender. Drain. Put in food processor with pizza sauce; purée until very smooth.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; arrange face up in heat-proof dish. Fluff with fork; spoon on as much sauce as each will hold. Spread 1/8 cup cheese on each; add dash of oregano, if using. Microwave about 3 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 470
- Carbohydrate Content: 89 g
- Cholesterol Content: 15 mg
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 11 g
- Protein Content: 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 530 mg
- Sugar Content: 11 g