Makes 1 cup sauce (2 Tbs. per serving)
Here’s an easy, elegant and guilt-free dessert that’s a cinch to make.
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 3-inch cinnamon sticks
- 4 medium-sized peeled Anjou pears, cored and cut in half lengthwise
Vanilla-Honey Yogurt Sauce
- 1 8-oz. container plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 Tbs. low-fat sour cream
- 1 Tbs. honey
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- To make Poached Pears: Combine 1 3/4 cups water and honey in large nonstick skillet, and stir until blended. Add cinnamon sticks.
- Arrange pear halves, cut side down, in single layer in skillet; bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Cook 10 minutes, basting occasionally with cooking liquid. Turn pears over; cook 10 minutes, basting occasionally. Turn pears over again, and cook an additional 10 minutes, or until tender, basting occasionally.
- Meanwhile, to make Vanilla-Honey Yogurt Sauce: Combine all ingredients in medium bowl, and mix well to blend. Cover, and chill until ready to use.
- Remove pears from skillet using slotted spoon. Place 2 pear halves on each dessert dish; set aside.
- Bring cooking liquid to a boil over high heat, and cook 7 minutes, or until reduced to 1/2 cup. Discard cinnamon sticks. Spoon 2 Tbs. cooking liquid over each serving, and top each with 2 Tbs. Vanilla-Honey Yogurt Sauce.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 280
- Carbohydrate Content: 72 g
- Cholesterol Content: 5 mg
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 30 mg
- Sugar Content: 60 g