Top with a dollop of fat-free sour cream and a sprig of rosemary.
- 2 lbs. russet potatoes (about 5 medium), peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups plain soy milk or nonfat milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten slightly
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- Fill medium saucepan with cold water, add potatoes, and bring to a boil. Simmer over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes, until potatoes are tender when pierced with fork. Drain, transfer to large bowl, and mash with potato masher or large fork. Stir in soy milk, eggs, oil and rosemary.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper; stir into potato mixture just until combined.
- Preheat oven to 200°F. Lightly coat waffle iron with cooking spray and preheat.
- Ladle 1 cup batter (or amount recommended by manufacturer’s directions for your waffle iron) into waffle iron. Use spatula to spread batter evenly. Close lid and cook until waffles are golden, about 6 to 7 minutes. (Note that they may be ready before waffle iron indicator light turns on.) Gently open lid and use fork to lift out waffles. Serve immediately or transfer to baking sheet and keep warm in oven. Repeat with remaining batter, lightly coating iron with cooking spray each time.
- Serving Size: Makes 12
- Calories: 130
- Carbohydrate Content: 22 g
- Cholesterol Content: 35 mg
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 67 mg