This easy dish is equally good hot or cold, and leftovers make a great take-along lunch.
- 3 Tbs. reduced-fat peanut butter
- 2 Tbs. roasted sesame oil
- 2 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. sherry or mirin (rice wine)
- 1 Tbs. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbs. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes or 1/2 tsp. chile sauce
- 10 oz. long noodles, such as udon or spaghetti
- 1/2 lb. napa cabbage, shredded (about 4 cups)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Whisk together peanut butter, sesame oil, soy sauce, sherry, vinegar, sugar and red pepper flakes in saucepan.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, place cabbage in colander over sink. Warm sauce over medium-low heat.
- Drain noodles over cabbage in colander to wilt cabbage. Transfer noodles and cabbage to serving bowl, add sauce, and toss until combined.
- Sprinkle with cilantro, and serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 408
- Carbohydrate Content: 59 g
- Fat Content: 13 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 553 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g