Despite its rustic name, this salad makes a sophisticated addition to any meal.
- 4 large tomatoes, cubed
- 3 mild green chilies, seeded and minced, or 1 green bell pepper, seeded and minced
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 10 sprigs fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 5 small radishes, optional, for garnish
- 8 to10 black olives, optional, for garnish
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tbs. white vinegar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- To make the Salad: Mix together the tomatoes, chilies, scallions, cucumber and parsley in a large bowl.
- To make the Dressing: Beat together the olive oil, lemon juice and vinegar in a second bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Dress the salad. Peel the radishes, if using, in strips, and garnish the salad with radishes and black olives, if desired.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 130
- Carbohydrate Content: 11 g
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 10 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g