If serving the pears on a buffet, cut into 1/4-inch slices, and toss in a large bowl with lemon juice to prevent browning. Put the dip in a serving bowl on a platter, and surround it with the pears.
- 1 15-oz. container low-fat ricotta
- 3 Tbs. orange marmalade
- 2 Tbs. orange liqueur
- 1/4 cup finely chopped semisweet or bittersweet chocolate
- 4 large pears, preferably red Bartlett
- 1 lemon, halved
- Mix ricotta, marmalade, liqueur and chocolate in bowl until combined.
- Slice each pear in half lengthwise, scoop out core and make 1?4-inch slices from round end almost to stem. Place pear halves cut side down on plates. Fan out slices; sprinkle with lemon juice. Place 3 tablespoons of dip on each plate, and fan pear half on top. Serve with bowl of Sweet and Spicy Pecans.
- Serving Size: Makes 8 dinner servings, 16-20 appetizers
- Calories: 150
- Carbohydrate Content: 22 g
- Cholesterol Content: 15 mg
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 70 mg
- Sugar Content: 14 g