If tostadas are too fragile to transport, skip step 1 and wrap filling in tortillas.
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil, divided
- 4 10-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- 1 small onion, diced (1 cup)
- 11/2 cups cooked black beans, or 1 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (4 tsp.)
- 11/2 lb. Swiss chard, ribs removed, chopped
- 1 cup prepared chipotle salsa, optional
- 4 Tbs. crumbled queso fresco, optional
- 4 Tbs. chopped cilantro, optional
- 4 Tbs. low-fat sour cream, optional
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray both sides of tortillas with cooking spray. Arrange on baking sheet, and toast 8 to 10 minutes, or until crisp.
2. Heat 1 Tbs. oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, and cook 5 minutes, or until soft. Add beans, paprika, and oregano. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 10 minutes.
3. Heat remaining 1 Tbs. oil in skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic, and cook 2 minutes, or until beginning to brown. Stir in chard, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cover, and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until chard is wilted.
4. Spoon 1/4 cup bean mixture in center of each tortilla. Top with 1 cup greens and 1/4 cup salsa, if using. Sprinkle with queso fresco, cilantro, and dollop of sour cream, if using.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 350
- Carbohydrate Content: 67 g
- Cholesterol Content: 6 mg
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 13 g
- Protein Content: 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 689 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g