Gremolata, an Italian condiment made from lemon zest, parsley, and garlic, gets a sweet-and-sour makeover here with orange zest and balsamic vinegar.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 large spaghetti squash (3½ lb.)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped parsley leaves
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. grated orange zest
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup roasted, unsalted pistachios, shelled and chopped
1. Toss red onion and balsamic vinegar in small bowl. Let stand 10 minutes.
2. Pierce spaghetti squash in several places with sharp knife. Microwave 7 minutes on high power. Turn, and microwave 7 to 9 minutes more, or until squash gives slightly when
pressed. (Cooking times will vary according to your microwave’s wattage.) Cool 10 minutes.
3. Whisk parsley, olive oil, garlic, brown sugar, orange zest, and salt into balsamic vinegar mixture.
4. Halve squash lengthwise carefully (it will give off steam), and remove seeds. Scrape flesh with fork into large bowl. Combine with parsley mixture and chopped pistachios. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 212
- Carbohydrate Content: 24 g
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 488 mg
- Sugar Content: 11 g