This dairy-free whipped topping for berries is sweetened with agave nectar (also called agave syrup), a sugar alternative made from agave cacti. If you can’t find agave nectar, use brown rice syrup or honey.
- 1 12.3-oz. pkg. firm silken tofu, drained
- 3 to 4 Tbs. agave nectar, brown rice syrup or honey
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
1. Combine tofu, nectar, lemon juice and vanilla in food processor or blender. Purée until smooth and creamy.
2. Spoon strawberries into serving bowls and garnish with whipped topping, or mix berries into topping, and serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 161
- Carbohydrate Content: 29 g
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 35 mg
- Sugar Content: 20 g