Unlike snow peas, snap peas are relatively stringless and need be trimmed only at the stem end.
- 1 ½ tsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. dried minced garlic
- 1 medium-sized sweet onion such as Vidalia or Maui, chopped
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 2-inch strips
- 6 oz. portobello mushrooms, diced
- 2 lb. fresh sugar snap or snow peas, trimmed
- 3 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 ½ tsp. dried marjoram
- 1/3 cup toasted sesame seeds
- Heat oil in wok or 10-inch skillet, add dried minced garlic and sauté over medium-high heat, 1 minute. Add onion, shallots and bell pepper, and sauté 3 minutes. Add mushrooms, and cook 4 minutes, or until vegetables begin to soften. Add peas, and cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and add lemon juice and marjoram. Cook 1 minute, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: Serves 8
- Calories: 131
- Carbohydrate Content: 22 g
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 127 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g