This tangy salad pairs well with a cold soup for a light lunch on a hot summer day. For a nuttier taste, toast the walnuts at 350°F for 10 minutes, then chop.
- 4 oz. goat cheese (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 small shallot, minced (about 2 Tbs.)
- 2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 5 oz. baby arugula (4 cups)
- 2 medium peaches, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick wedges (about 3 cups)
1. Scoop out teaspoon-size balls of goat cheese with melon baller or small spoon. Roll cheese balls in walnuts until well coated. Set aside.
2. Combine shallot and vinegar in small bowl, and season with salt and pepper. Whisk in oil.
3. Combine arugula and peach slices in large bowl. Add vinaigrette, and toss to coat. Divide salad among 4 plates, and top each with 3 balls of goat cheese.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 290
- Carbohydrate Content: 19 g
- Cholesterol Content: 13 mg
- Fat Content: 21 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 116 mg
- Sugar Content: 14 g