30 minutes or fewer
Choose large spinach leaves for this spicy appetizer—they’re firmer, and they naturally curl around the filling. Feel free to add more chili paste if you like more heat in your dish.
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 12-oz. pkg. frozen soy crumbles, thawed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 green onions, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 tsp. Thai red chili paste, such as Sriracha
- 1 large bunch spinach leaves separated from stems (at least 12 leaves)
- 1 cucumber, seeded and diced (about 1½ cups)
- ¼ cup roasted, unsalted peanuts, finely chopped
- 3 Tbs. seasoned rice vinegar
- To make Filling: Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until softened. Stir in soy crumbles, corn and green onions, and sauté 1 minute. Add chili paste, and cook 3 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper, and transfer to serving bowl.
- To make Cucumber Relish: Combine cucumber, peanuts and vinegar in medium bowl.
- Have guests make their own cups by placing small amount of filling into one spinach leaf and topping it with small spoonful of relish.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 217
- Carbohydrate Content: 14 g
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 433 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g