30 minutes or fewer
This flavor-charged dish may be served as a hot entrée or as a chilled main-course salad. Fruit and meringues complement the Thai seasonings.
- 3 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbs. granulated sugar, or to taste
- 2 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper, or to taste
- 1 Tbs. minced garlic
- 4 oz. dried soba noodles
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 10.5-oz. pkg. Thai-seasoned baked tofu, cubed
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup unseasoned soy nuts for garnish
- Combine lime juice, sugar, soy sauce, crushed red pepper and garlic in bowl. Mix well, and set aside.
- Bring large pot of water to a boil, and cook soba noodles according to package directions. Drain, and rinse well.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Stir-fry red pepper slices 5 minutes, and add tofu cubes. Stir-fry about 5 minutes, or until pepper slices soften and tofu begins to brown.
- Combine noodles, tofu and red pepper in large bowl. Add mint, scallion and cilantro, and toss. Add lime juice mixture, and toss. Sprinkle with soy nuts, and serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 270
- Carbohydrate Content: 29 g
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 390 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g