MEAL PLAN: Serve with quick-cooking brown rice and toss a salad of curly endive, seedless orange chunks and slivered red onion. For dessert, a bowl of grapes would go well.
- 3 medium cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 1/2 tsp. grated lime peel
- 14-oz. can lite coconut milk
- 1 lb. mixed vegetables (about 4 cups): fresh mushrooms, quartered;
- sliced asparagus; sliced bell
- peppers; water chestnuts, halved
- 1 small bok choy, stems sliced and leaves left whole
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbs. soy sauce
- 1 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 10 fresh basil leaves, slivered
- In food processor or blender, combine garlic, jalapenos and lemon and lime peel; process to a paste.
- Heat large skillet or wok over high heat; add coconut milk and paste mixture and stir well. Simmer 1 minute.
- Add all vegetables and season to taste with salt and pepper. Simmer 10 minutes. Stir in red pepper flakes, soy sauce, lime juice and basil. Simmer 5 minutes. Serve hot.
- Serving Size: 4 servings
- Calories: 163
- Carbohydrate Content: 18 g
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 359 mg