A silicone baking mat is a must for these edible “bowls.” Limit the number you make to three at once so you have plenty of time to handle and shape them before they harden.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 4 Tbs. (1/2 stick) vegan margarine, melted
- 2 Tbs. plain soymilk, plus more if needed
- 1/8 tsp. vanilla extract
- Sift together flour and confectioners’ sugar in bowl. Stir in margarine, then add soymilk and vanilla. Add 2 to 3 Tbs. more soymilk if mixture is too thick. Cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with silicone baking mat. Set out 3 cereal bowls or 3 3/4-cup ramekins. Dollop 2 Tbs. batter on baking mat, and spread into 6-inch circle with back of spoon or small spatula (batter should be about 1/8-inch thick). Make 2 more batter circles on baking mat. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until circles are evenly browned.
- Cool circles 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until disks are firm enough to lift off mat, but still pliable. Lift first circle from mat, and press into bowl or ramekin so that it forms cup. Repeat with remaining disks. If disks become too hard to bend, place in oven 1 to 2 minutes to soften. When cones are firm and crunchy, transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serving Size: Makes 8 cones
- Calories: 95
- Carbohydrate Content: 10 g
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 61 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g