Both adults and kids will love the flavor of these fajitas, which take advantage of colorful summer vegetables.
- 1 recipe Mojo Chili Marinade, click here for recipe
- 3 medium bell peppers (one red, yellow and green), quartered
- 1 large red onion, cut into ¼-inch-thick slices
- 4 portobello mushroom caps
- 4 to 6 8-inch flour tortillas
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese, salsa, guacamole and chopped cilantro for topping, optional
- Prepare marinade in large shallow glass bowl. Add vegetables, turning to coat. Let marinate for 30 minutes or up to 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat gas grill to medium-high or prepare a hot charcoal fire. Set fine-meshed grill rack on top to heat.
- Lightly oil grill topper. Grill vegetables in batches until nicely browned and tender, turning often, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer vegetables to shallow bowl when done. When all vegetables are grilled, cut into thin strips.
- Place each tortilla on grill until warm or hot according to package directions. Transfer tortillas to serving plates. Spoon about 1 cup of vegetables onto tortillas. Top each serving with shredded cheese, salsa and cilantro; roll up.
- Serving Size: 4 to 6 servings
- Calories: 250
- Carbohydrate Content: 40 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 270 mg