Two shortcut ingredients—instant rice and frozen veggies —turn an all-day event into
a quick weeknight entrée. Any frozen vegetable medley works well in this paella.
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 3 spicy soy sausages (7 oz. total), thickly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped (about 4 tsp.)
- 1 Tbs. paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 16-oz. bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 3/4 cup roasted red peppers from jar, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 1/4 cups instant brown rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Heat oil in large skillet over high heat. Add sausages; cook 4 minutes, or until golden brown. Add onion, garlic, paprika and Italian seasoning; sauté 2 minutes, until onion softens.
- Add vegetables and roasted peppers, and cook 2 minutes, or until vegetables begin to thaw. Stir in rice.
- Add wine and 1 1/4 cups water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium. Cover, and cook 10 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Season with salt and pepper, and serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 417
- Carbohydrate Content: 53 g
- Fat Content: 16 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 809 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g