You may use any combination of permitted vegetables and low-fat cheeses to make this recipe. If you use a muffin tin rather than a pie plate, you may also freeze extras and reheat them in a microwave after removing the foil liners.
- 3/4 cup liquid egg substitute
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheese
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced green or red bell pepper
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed very dry
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 12-cup muffin pan with foil-lined baking cups, spray cups with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. Or spray an 8-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray, and set aside.
- Combine egg substitute, cheese, onions, peppers and spinach in mixing bowl, and stir well. Add hot pepper sauce, if using, and stir again. Divide mixture evenly among muffin cups, about 1/2 cup mixture per muffin cup, or scoop into pie pan and smooth out to fill pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes for muffin cups, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Bake 35 minutes for pie pan, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven, and serve.
- Serving Size: SERVES 6
- Calories: 70
- Carbohydrate Content: 4 g
- Cholesterol Content: 10 mg
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 100 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g