Try using a variety of fresh herbs in this colorful, tasty dish.
Meal Plan: BAKED MARINATED TOFU AND SOME CRUSTY WHOLE WHEAT BREAD ARE ALL YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE A FULL MEAL.
- 8 oz. baby Yukon gold or small new potatoes
- 16 baby carrots
- 1 lb. thin asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 1⁄2-inch pieces (3 cups)
- 4 oz. sugar snap peas, strings removed
- 8 small radishes, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 4 scallions (white and light green parts), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 10-oz. box frozen fava beans or baby lima beans, thawed
- 2⁄3 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. chopped fresh tarragon
- In medium saucepan, combine potatoes and enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and cool. Cut potatoes into quarters.
- Meanwhile, in large saucepan, bring 6 cups lightly salted water to a boil. Add carrots and cook for 2 minutes; add asparagus and snap peas and cook for 2 minutes; add radishes and cook for 1 minute. Drain and rinse under cold water until cool.
- In wide saucepan or deep skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add scallions, fava beans, cooked potatoes and blanched vegetables, stirring to glaze with oil. Pour in broth and bring to a simmer. Stir in parsley, lemon juice, tarragon and salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Let stand for several minutes. Serve warm.
- Serving Size: 4 Servings
- Calories: 290
- Carbohydrate Content: 38 g
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 393 mg