Delicate just-picked fruits from the farmers' market stand a better chance of being really good than any fruit shipped from far way, assuring you of a flavor that needs little enhancement. Use fresh sweet lavender or dried lavender flowers.
- 12 to 16 ripe apricots, halved
- 1 pint or more raspberries or wild strawberries
- 1 or 2 stems fresh lavender, flowers separated
- 1 tsp. lavender, wildflower honey or granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. granulated sugar
- Few drops fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 325F. Lightly butter baking dish large enough to accommodate fruit in single layer.
2. Lay apricots in single layer in prepared dish. Sprinkle lavender blossoms over apricots and drizzle honey over fruit. Sprinkle strawberries over fruit and coat very lightly with sugar. Carefully squeeze lemon juice over fruit.
3. Bake just long enough to warm fruit and bring out its aromas, about 15 minutes. Remove and serve warm, plain or with a little fresh cream.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 90
- Carbohydrate Content: 21 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 2 g