Red grapes are the surprise element in this cold-weather version of a classic Mediterranean salad. They create little bursts of sweetness in each bite. Serve over a bed of baby spinach, if desired.
- 1/2-cup servingServings
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts thinly sliced (1 3/4 cups)
- 2 Tbs. sherry vinegar
- 2 tsp. whole-grain mustard
- 1 17.6-oz. pkg. cooked lentils, gently broken apart, or 2 cups cooked lentil
- 1 1/2 cups red grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted pistachios
- 3 Tbs. finely chopped mint
- 3 Tbs. finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
1. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add leeks, and cook 7 to 9 minutes, or until tender and translucent, stirring often. Remove from heat, and stir in sherry vinegar and mustard.
2. Combine lentils, leek mixture, grapes, pistachios, mint, and parsley in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and top with crumbled feta.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 373
- Carbohydrate Content: 44 g
- Cholesterol Content: 8 mg
- Fat Content: 17 g
- Fiber Content: 13 g
- Protein Content: 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 464 mg
- Sugar Content: 14 g