Great Northern beans blended with lightly browned onions and nutritious collard greens make this soup delicious, hearty and satisfying. Serve it with whole grain sourdough bread.
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 3 cups collard greens leaves, rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 tsp. dried tarragon
- 2 15-oz. cans great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring often, until lightly browned, about 7 minutes.
- Add collard greens, tarragon, 2 cups water and 3?4 tsp. salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and cook 20 minutes, or until greens are tender.
- Meanwhile, put 1 can beans and 1 cup water in food processor or blender, and process until puréed. Add purée and remaining can of beans to pan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 320
- Carbohydrate Content: 49 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 12 g
- Protein Content: 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 450 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g