Cheese pizza is a perennial veg favorite, but it often comes with a hefty calorie count. Here, goat cheese and thinly sliced veggies offer lighter alternatives to shredded mozzarella.
- 2 Tbs. olive oil, divided
- 8 oz. (1/2 pkg.) prepared refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 3.5-oz. log goat cheese, thinly sliced or roughly chopped
- 1 zucchini, peeled into thin strips
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into rings
- 1 6-oz. can no-salt-added tomato paste
- 2 Tbs. finely minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. red wine or red wine vinegar
1. To make Pizza: Preheat oven to 450°F. Brush large baking sheet or pizza pan with 1 Tbs. oil. Spread pizza dough in prepared pan.
2. To make Sauce: stir together all ingredients with fork in small bowl.
3. Spread Sauce on dough. Top with half of goat cheese. Spread zucchini strips over goat cheese, top with bell pepper rings, then remaining goat cheese. Drizzle with remaining 1 Tbs. oil. Bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Cool 10 minutes, then cut into 6 slices.
- Serving Size: Makes 1 10-inch pizza
- Calories: 213
- Carbohydrate Content: 26 g
- Cholesterol Content: 8 mg
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 285 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g