Tahini, the peanut butter–like sesame seed paste that’s used to flavor hummus, is a wonderful addition to sauces and dressings. Here, it turns grated zucchini into a salad that tastes special. Be sure to assemble these verrines just before serving so that the zucchini doesn’t turn soggy.
- 1/3-cup verrineServings
- 3 Tbs. tahini
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced (1/2 tsp.)
- 2 medium zucchini, coarsely grated
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
1. Whisk together tahini, lemon juice, and garlic in small bowl. Stir in 3 Tbs. water, a few drops at a time, and mix until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cover, and chill.
2. Combine zucchini and mint in bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Divide zucchini among glasses. Top each with dollop of tahini dressing, and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with small forks.
- Serving Size: Serves 8
- Calories: 48
- Carbohydrate Content: 3 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 7 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g