For exclusive access to all our stories, including sequences, teacher tips, video classes, and more, join Outside+ today.
My name’s Erica, and I’m a yoga addict. It all happened about 8 years ago for me. It took me a few classes to get comfortable with something new, but before I knew it, I was hooked. I couldn’t get enough! I became obsessed with standing on my head. I looked forward to my early morning yoga class all week in a way I’d never really looked forward to anything. I’d wake up and first thing think to myself: “Is it Tuesday yet?” I spent my weekends at a book store reading through yoga books and magazines.
When I went from being a yoga dabbler to a full-blown yoga addict, things started changing in my life in a big way. There was a shift in my way of thinking, and I made a commitment that I would practice yoga for the rest of my life.
Since this week is the beginning of YJ’s 21-Day Yoga Challenge, I bet a lot of readers will be making the transition from yoga dabbler to yoga addict. (I hope so, anyway!) So I thought it would be fun to put together a list of some of the things that might happen when you become yoga obsessed.
Here are 5 signs you might be a yoga addict. If these things sound like you–welcome to the club!
1. Yoga is the last thing you think about before you drift off to sleep and the first thing that pops into your head when you wake up.
2. You break out into your favorite pose every time you get just a moment to yourself.
3. You changed your home page to YogaJournal.com and spend all your time on the Internet surfing articles, videos, and blog posts to inspire your yoga practice.
4. You can’t express your gratitude to someone without folding your hands into Anjali Mudra.
5. You see yoga poses everywhere you go. You watch your pets practice
Downward Dog, see Tree Pose at the park, and ponder the connection
between the ocean and your breath when you go to the beach.
For 5 more signs, visit my blog SpoiledYogi.com.
Are you a yoga addict? How has it changed your outlook on life?