Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Try these essential oil recipes from Aura Cacia to enhance the atmosphere of your space.
For relaxation: Peru Balsam
- Aroma: rich, sweet, and creamy, like balsamic and vanilla
- Inhale to evoke a relaxed, sensual mood
- Blend 2 drops Peru Balsam, 3 drops cinnamon leaf, and 5 drops sweet orange in a candle lamp diffuser for a comforting home
For strength: Blue Cypress
- Aroma: woody and floral, like cedarwood
- Inhale to evoke a feeling of strength and determination
- Combine 3 drops blue cypress, 3 drops frankincense, and 3 drops lemon in a candle lamp diffuser to support meditation
For grounding: Carrot Seed
- Aroma: nutty, earthy, pungent, sweet vegetal
- Inhale aroma to evoke a grounded, determined attitude
- Combine 2 drops carrot seed, 2 drops vetiver, 2 drops Texas cedarwood, 4 drops bergamot orange in a candle lamp diffuser to bring fields and forest into your home
For creativity: Juniper Berry
- Aroma: sweet scents of the pine forest
- Inhale to inspire creativity and focus
- Combine 8 drops juniper berry, 8 drops sweet orange, 8 drops balsam fir and 4 ounces water in a spray mister bottle for a clean air freshener
See also Mood-Boosting Essential Oils
For contentment: Mandarin Orange
- Aroma: fruity, exotic, and floral, like tangerine and neroli
- Inhale to evoke a feeling of contentment.
- Combine 8 drops mandarin orange, 8 drops coriander seed, 6 drops sandalwood, 2 drops neroli and 4 ounces water in a spray mister bottle to transform your space into a misty orange grove
For more recipes, visit Aura Cacia’s 10 Fragrantly Fascinating Essential Oils