deep-back extensorserector spinae
- 2WEAKbuttgluteus maximusgluteus medius
- 4WEAKabdominalstransversus abdominisrectus abdominisinternal obliques
- 3TIGHThip flexorspsoasrectus femoris
Lower crossed syndrome zone 1 overactive or tight muscles and underactive or weak muscles can include tight deep-back extensors and hip flexors, and a weak butt and abdominals.
Zone 1 Imbalance
Taut hip flexors and low-back muscles cross with weak butt and ab muscles
Zone 1 Injury Zones
Front-knee pain from uneven pressure on the kneecap, disc problems or soft-tissue inflammation of the low back
- 1TIGHTthighsbiceps femoris (hamstrings)adductors
- 3WEAKalong shinstibialis anteriortibialis posterior
Lower crossed syndrome zone 2 overactive or tight muscles and under-active or weak muscles can include tight thighs and calves, and weakness along shins.
Zone 2 Imbalance
Tight calf and thigh muscles cross with weak muscles along the shins
Zone 2 Injury Zones
Heel pain (plantar fasciitis)