Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Whether you like video games or not, you’ve got to be at least curious about the new Yoga for Wii game coming out later this year. As a Wii Fit enthusiast, I was definitely excited to hear that there was a game dedicated to the practice of yoga (as opposed to Wii Fit, which has a yoga component). According to the game’s official website, which launched recently, the game will feature:
- Tips, photos, videos and a number of exercises by top model Anja Rubik.
- Your own customized yoga exercise plan.
- A wide range of yoga positions and the ability to use the Wii Balance Board
- Authentic Far-Eastern locations and buildings
- Dynamic monitoring of your own process
- 7 beautifully-designed levels with a huge selection of rooms
This all sounds great to me–especially the part about customizing your own plan. But I have to admit, I’m a little skeptical of receiving yoga tips from a fashion model who is simply “an ambitious yoga fan,” as the website states. I just hope they got some help from an experienced yoga teacher.
Regardless, I still can’t wait to try it out! What do you think?