Thank you for your interest in employment at Yoga Journal. Below you can find more information about what we’re looking for, and how to join the YJ team.
Applications are open for Fall, Spring and Summer.
NOTE: YOU MUST BE ABLE TO RECEIVE CLASS CREDIT TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS INTERNSHIP.
Yoga Journal seeks enthusiastic student interns to join its web team for 20 hours a week, in our Boulder, Colorado, office. The ideal candidate will be a creative, detail-oriented journalism student with experience in web production, social media, and have an interest in magazine publications.
We offer daily on-site yoga classes during lunch.
- Write original web content for yogajournal.com
- Produce magazine content in content management system
- Assist Social Media Manager with scheduling
- Attend pitch meetings
- Copy edit for the magazine
- Assist the Digital Strategist with search engine optimization
- Call-in products and help maintain relationships with yoga teachers and companies
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and able to work in fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work independently
- Have a working knowledge of content management systems, SEO strategy, and social media strategy
- Have an interest in yoga, fitness and a holistic lifestyle
- Love writing and eager to learn more
- Video production skills a plus, but not necessary
Please send a cover letter, writing clips, resume, and social media handles to email@example.com
Do you dream of seeing your byline on an article at Yoga Journal? We are always looking for people to write and pitch interesting stories, sequences and more. We especially want to hear from you if you are a yoga teacher.
Please send your top pitches in a body email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
*Only serious editorial submissions will get a reply. Yoga Journal will not endorse a product or company it does not believe in.