Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Greatest.com has ranked 2013’s 100 Most Influential People in Health and Wellness—including several movers and shakers in the yoga community. The online pub’s criteria for making the list included a person’s social reach, trends set, products they’ve created, the amount of media coverage they’ve received, as well as any research contributions, among other criteria.
The inclusion of yoga teachers like Tara Stiles and Sadie Nardini (who is helping us off to a Fit & Fabulous start to 2014!) alongside names like Dr. Oz, Michelle Obama, and Jillian Michaels is a testament to the undeniable impact yoga is having on the larger health and fitness community today.
We love that there are so many inspiring leaders from the yoga community on the list, but we were a bit surprised when we saw that Lululemon founder Chip Wilson also makes a cameo (although at the bottom of the list) after all the negative attention he’s been getting recently.
Here are the yogis that made the list:
14. Dr. Andrew Weil, Natural Health Educator, YJLive! keynote speaker
35. Gabrielle Bernstein, The Miracle Motivator
58. Shiva Rea, Vinyasa Visionary
69. William Broad, Wellness Wordsmith
71. Tara Stiles, The Yogi of the Future
73. Kathryn Budig, The Everywhere Yogi
74. Diamond Dallas Page, The Unexpected Yogi
81. Elena Brower, The Grateful Yogi
93. Sadie Nardini, The Transforming Yogi
100. Chip Wilson, The Lulule-Man
Check out the full list here.
Who would you add?