1. Exercise. Take a walk, go to a gym, bike, swim, dance
2. Meditate. Even a few minutes makes a difference
3. Do yoga postures. Start simply
4. Do yoga breathing exercises. Deep and alternative nostril breathing
5. Yoga deep relaxation. Check out all parts of your body
6. See the good. How might this event be beneficial?
7. Pretend. Even faking it works
8. Massage. Both giving and getting help reduce stress
9. Visualization. See yourself differently
10. Change your attitude. You can always choose to fluff up your attitude
11. Focus on the good. Look for it
12. Look for signs. What messages can you find?
13. Write and draw. Keep a journal and art book
14. List your goals. Give details and baby steps
15. Keep a gratitude list. Write as many as you can, and update daily
16. Live in the moment. Let go of thinking about the past or future
17. Live as if you already have what you want. This relaxes you
18. Have a list of friends to call. Choose more than one
19. Learn to say no. In a kind way, say “I’d love to, but I can’t”
20. Give without any expectation of reward. Be a secret Santa daily
21. Laugh. Live on the funny side of life. Laugh often, especially at yourself. Even fake laughter helps.
22. Sing. Whistle while you work works.
23. Get a pet, or a stuffed animal. Anything that makes you laugh
24. Do something fun. Be silly, choose a healthy fun activity, like yo-yoing
25. Pray. Even a short prayer can replace a worry