For exclusive access to all our stories, including sequences, teacher tips, video classes, and more, join Outside+ today.
1. You’re mortified when you fall out of Tree Pose in class.
2. You feel an uncontrollable urge to correct people when they pronounce Sanskrit words with an American accent. (You also have to bite your tongue when you hear your 5-year-old niece refer to Baddha Konasana as Butterfly.)
3. You think your teacher, your studio, or your philosophy of yoga is the only right one. You use air quotes or roll your eyes every time you say “fitness” yoga.
4. You freak out if someone takes your place at the front of the class or puts his shoes in your cubby in the lobby.
5. You felt guilty when you take a Pilates class, and vow never to “cheat” on yoga again.