Ever notice how starting a healthy habit is easy, but sticking with it… not so much? Now is the time to refresh and recommit to a daily yoga practice with YJ’s 21-Day Yoga Challenge! This simple, doable online course will inspire you to return to the mat with daily doses of home-practice motivation, pose instruction, and video sequences featuring top teachers. Sign up today!
Keep your energy steady and strong for today’s yoga practice by eating small portions and eating them often. Need some snack inspiration? Try this easy recipe for tasty bars! You can customize them with other dried fruit and nuts, such as golden raisins, chopped dried apricots, unsweetened coconut, and almonds.
Muesli Breakfast Bars
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup dry milk or soy protein (optional)
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 1 cup dried cranberries or raisins (or a combination of the two)
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup natural salted peanut butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Heat oven to 325°. Line a 9-by-13 inch baking pan with foil or lightly oil it with olive or canola oil. In a bowl, combine rolled oats, whole-wheat flour, ground flaxseed,dry milk or soy protein, toasted wheat germ,toasted walnuts, and dried cranberries or raisins.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, stir together honey, natural salted peanut butter, and olive oil until warm and well blended. Add honey mixture to the dry ingredients and mix quickly until well combined.
- With lightly oiled hands, pat the mixture evenly into the prepared baking pan. Bake until the edges begin to brown, about 25 minutes. Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes and then cut into 24 bars. When cool, remove the bars from the pan and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.