Sama Vritti Pranayama is a powerful relaxation tool that can help clear your mind, relax your body, and allow you to focus. The best part? You can do it anywhere. Just find a comfortable seat with your back supported and feet on the floor.
- Close your eyes. Breathe in through your nose, slowly counting to 4. Feel the air filling your lungs.
- Hold your breath here and slowly count to 4 again. Try not to clamp your airways shut. Simply avoid inhaling or exhaling for 4 counts.
- Slowly exhale to the count of 4.
- Hold the exhale for another 4 counts.
- Repeat steps 1–4 for 4 minutes or until you feel calm and centered.
Find other pranayama techniques here.