Asana Poses for Focus
CHAIR POSE | UTKATASANA
Benefits | Strengthens thighs, opens shoulders in flexion, tones the arms, and mobilizes the upper back.
Cues | Allow the shoulder blades to spin out and up away towards the outer armpits (upward rotation)
• Press the shins back to move a bit more weight into the heels.
• Spin the inner thighs back and down.
• Descend the tailbone towards the floor while coiling the thoracic spine (upper back) towards
• Draw the upper arms back in line with the ears while softening the front ribs
• Hold for 5 to10 breaths
EAGLE POSE | GARUDASANA
Benefits | Strengthens the ankles/thighs, tones the inner thighs, stretches the outer hips, opens the upper back, improves focus and balance.
Cues | Lift the elbows up and away from the face to bring more breadth across the upper back.
• Life the the sternum and spread the collarbones.
• Engage the inner thighs by squeezing them into the midline. Feel how this brings more stability to the pose.
• Sit deeper, descending the tailbone.
• Continue to lift the elbows and the sternum, widening across the upper back while lengthening the front body.
• Hold for 10 -12 breaths
Benefits | Stretches the shoulders, chest, thighs, groins, and abdomen. Strengthens legs, ankles, and improves balance.
Cues | Press the head of your right thigh bone back, deep into the hip joint.
•Pull the knee cap up to keep the standing leg straight and strong.
•Turn the active arm outward (so the palm faces away from the side of the torso).
•Reach the free arm straight forward, in front of the torso and parallel to the floor.
•Keep the ankle of the raised foot flexed to avoid the back of thigh from cramping.
•Hold for 20 to 30 seconds.
HALF MOON POSE | ARDHA CHANDRASANA
Benefits | Strengthens the external rotators of the hip, lengthens the adductors, cultivates balance and stability.
Cues | Turn and look to the floor without allowing the left ribs to collapse forward.
• Have the floating thigh parallel to the floor with the foot flexed – make sure you can just see your raised big toe.
• With each inhale find more length along the spine; with each exhale revolve around that length.
• Spin the bottom ribs forward and the top ribs back.
• Firm the standing buttock forward and under while pressing the floating thigh bone back.
• Hold for 5 to10 breaths
Fuel | MCT Oil
Medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) are fats that are naturally found in coconut and palm kernel oils. We love NOW Foods MCT Oils because they are pure, Non-GMO Project Verified and keto-friendly! They have unflavored, vanilla hazelnut, chocolate mocha and certified organic varieties.
Find your MCT Oil today at nowsportsproducts.com.