30 minutes or fewer
An egg pancake replaces the tortilla in this breakfast or lunch dish.
- 2 Tbs. medium or mild salsa
- 1 large egg, plus 2 large egg whites
- 1 Tbs. chopped cilantro
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 strip soy “bacon”
- 1 oz. soy Monterey Jack cheese or cheddar, shredded
- Drain salsa in mesh strainer; set aside.
- Whisk together egg, egg whites and cilantro. Season to taste with black pepper, and set aside.
- Coat 8-inch skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium-high heat. Cook soy “bacon” 2 minutes, turning once. Set aside; wipe out pan.
- Re-spray pan, and return to medium heat. Pour in egg mixture; as it begins to set, lift and tilt pan, lifting cooked edges and letting liquid part run underneath. When almost completely set, sprinkle on soy cheese. Cook about 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Slide pancake onto plate. Place “bacon” strip down center. Spoon salsa on “bacon.” Fold over sides of pancake. Serve immediately, or let cool and eat at room temperature.
- Serving Size: Serves 1
- Calories: 210
- Carbohydrate Content: 7 g
- Cholesterol Content: 215 mg
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 23 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 880 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g