This absolutely luscious almond cream is wonderful as a topping, but it can also be piped through a pastry bag and used as an icing.
- Pour apple juice into a small sauce pan, add agar flakes, and let sit 10 minutes. (The pectin in the juice helps to break down the agar.) Place over medium heat and bring to a slow simmer. Cook 10 minutes to dissolve agar flakes.
- In small mixing bowl, dissolve kudzu in 1/4 cup amasake. Add remaining 1 3/4 cups amasake, maple syrup, vanilla extract, almond extract, almond butter, salt and cardamom.
- Whisk kudzu mixture into apple juice and cook, stirring often to keep mixture from lumping or scorching, 15 minutes.
- Pour into a shallow dish or pan and bring to room temperature. Cover and chill at least 1 hour. To serve, purée almond cream in a food processor.
- Serving Size Makes 2 1/2 cups
- Calories 46
- Carbohydrate Content 7 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 1 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 39 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g