Ground almonds replace the protein and texture of meat in this savory loaf. Try the leftovers in sandwiches with spicy mustard, lettuce and tomato.
- 2 1/2 cups whole grain breadcrumbs
- 1 cup roasted unsalted almonds
- 1 1/4 cups spaghetti sauce, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 large eggs
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Coat 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray, then coat with 1/2 cup breadcrumbs.
2. Finely grind almonds in blender or food processor; transfer to bowl. Add remaining breadcrumbs, spaghetti sauce, onion and eggs; mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Press mixture into prepared pan. Bake 40 minutes, or until firm.
3. Meanwhile, warm spaghetti sauce in microwave. Cut loaf into slices, and serve with warmed sauce.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 272
- Carbohydrate Content: 23 g
- Cholesterol Content: 71 mg
- Fat Content: 16 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 314 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g