Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Ground almonds replace the protein and texture of meat in this savory loaf. Try the leftovers in sandwiches with spicy mustard, lettuce and tomato.
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Coat 9×5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray, then coat with 1/2 cup breadcrumbs.
2. Finely grind almonds in blender or food processor; transfer to bowl. Add remaining breadcrumbs, spaghetti sauce, onion and eggs; mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Press mixture into prepared pan. Bake 40 minutes, or until firm.
3. Meanwhile, warm spaghetti sauce in microwave. Cut loaf into slices, and serve with warmed sauce.
- Serving Size Serves 6
- Calories 272
- Carbohydrate Content 23 g
- Cholesterol Content 71 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 314 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g